What is Ayurvedic Indian Head Massage?
The art of Indian Head Massage originated from Ayurveda, an ancient Indian system of Medicine, Wellness and Knowledge. This Sanskrit word can be translated as the "science of life" or "knowledge of life". The Ayurvedic approach to health is the balance of the body, mind and spirit and promotion of a long life.
Indian Head Massage, or traditionally known as Shiroabhyanga is a form of complimentary therapy and relaxation massage that focuses on the face, head, neck, shoulders, upper back and upper arms which are important energy centers in the body. It is very relaxing and has a balancing effect on the recipient as it helps them to release stress and tension creating a sense of peace and well being.
Helps to Relieve the Following Conditions:
Tension Headaches - Migraines - Eye Strain - Ear Aches - Tinnitus (ringing of the ear) - TMJ (Jaw Tension) - Sinusitis Congestion - Insomnia and Disturbed Sleep
What are Some of the Benefits:
Improves Blood Circulation, increasing Oxygen supply to the Brain and drains away accumulated toxins
Calms, Revitalizes, Uplifts the Spirit, and Balancing of the Chakras
Eases Stiffness, Breaks up Knots and Nodules in the Muscles
Improves Lymphatic Drainage which helps with the removal of waste products and toxins helping the immune system
Promotion of Hair Growth and giving your Hair a Healthy Lustrous Shine and Improves Skin Condition
Encourages Deeper Breathing and Deep Relaxation; very enjoyable and triggers the release of endorphins creating an almost euphoric sensation of contentment and happiness.
Helps to dissipate mental tiredness, stress, depression resulting in greater mental alertness, concentration and clearer thinking.
Only Natural Organic Oils Are Used During these Treatments
A Relaxing Zen Massage
This massage includes all the same techniques as a traditional Ayurvedic Massage, excluding the Scalp and face.
A soothing and calming treatment of the back, shoulders, arms, hands, legs,
and feet. Using the application of organic oils to the body, this treatment helps with the wellness of your skin, circulation, muscle tension, stress and balance.
What is a Warm Bamboo Massage?
Well, a bamboo fusion massage, also simply known as a bamboo massage, is a relaxation technique that combines various lengths and widths of bamboo stalks to perform a deep-tissue massage. Some bamboo massage therapists use a combination of traditional Chinese medicine (i.e. bamboo stalks and cups are used in specific ways); shiatsu, Ayurveda, Thai, and lymphatic drainage massage techniques to “unwind” tense, strained, and stressed muscles. Other bamboo therapists, on the other hand, use heated bamboo sticks, and/or heated essential oils to relax your body, or a combination of all of these approaches to provide relief and relaxation.
This type of massage not only encourages sensory nerve perception, circulation, and lymphatic drainage, it also provides you with a deep sense of “whole body” health, well-being, and relaxation. Although most bamboo fusion massages last from 45 minutes to an hour, the benefits last for days.
What is the history of the bamboo fusion massage? Well, the Chinese, Japanese, and Indonesian people have long used bamboo stalks in the cherished rituals and festivals because of their energy, sexuality, fertility, prosperity, and longevity properties. In China, bamboo stalks symbolize strength, success, eternal youth, and harmony, which is ideal for those seeking those rewards. Today bamboo fusion massages are popular throughout the world. They are typically offered in high-end spas.
What exactly is bamboo?
Bamboo is extremely tall grass (giant plant). Although the stalks are often cut to allow for quick re-growth, the roots are left undisturbed. One of the benefits of bamboo is that it is a renewable resource. In other words, although it takes approximately 7 or 8 years to mature, and 60 to 120 years to “bloom,” once cut, bamboo can grow at least 1 foot in 24 hours. Moreover, most bamboo plants are back to their original size within a couple of years.
What is the purpose of a bamboo fusion massage? Well, this type of massage is used to soothe sore, tender, and painful muscles by kneading them with warm/hot bamboo stalks. The bamboo stalks vary in size, width, and weight. This massage increases circulation, eases your mind, and relaxes your body.
During a bamboo fusion massage session, your massage therapist starts at your foot (on one side) and gradually moves upwards towards your head. Once that side is finished, he/she repeats the process on the other side of your body. The size of the bamboo stalks used during the massage is based on what muscle groups are being worked on. For instance, a 4-inch bamboo stalk is used for your feet, while a larger 16-inch stalk is used to massage the larger parts of your body (i.e. back, legs, and arms). Your therapist then rubs a variety of specially-formulated, aromatic oils on your body. He/she then moves the bamboo stalks over your muscles in sweeping motions. These motions not only warm your stressed and strained muscles, they also help both your mind and body relax.
Listed below are ways that bamboo fusion massages can improve your health and well-being:
Ease headaches and migraines
Strengthen respiratory functions (breathing)
“Unwind” stubborn tension knots
Relieve back and shoulder pain
Increase joint and muscle mobility and flexibility
Enhance sports performance
Accelerate the healing process
Support physical and mental health and well-being
Revitalize your body and calm your “racing” mind
What are the benefits of Ayurvedic Face Massage?
Ayurvedic Face Massage is physically great for your skin and body for the following reasons:
1. Relieves stress and tension, which in turn may reduce the appearance of fine lines.
2. Increases circulation; more blood in the skin means more nutrients being delivered, and consequently healthier skin cells that hold their tone and vitality.
3. Increases lymph flow for glowing skin.
4. Increases prana (vital energy) that keeps the skin looking fresh and alive.
5. Promotes greater absorption of oils or creams that nourish the skin cells and skin barrier, improving skin hydration.
6. Helps you attain quality sleep that restores the body and boosts immune response.
7. Calms nerves and reduces fatigue.
8. Supports all the senses, especially helping to relieve eye strain.
On a more subtle level, Ayurvedic Face Massage can help:
1. Balance all three subtle body energies – vata, pitta, and kapha doshas.
2. Move prana, or life force, in both the physical and energetic sheaths of the body, giving us greater radiance.
3. Open nadis, the channel in which life force flows, so we feel both relaxed and energized.
4. Awaken consciousness.
Step 1: Floral Rose Water Cleanse
Step 2: Eucalyptus Steam
Step 3: Oatmeal/Honey/Milk Scrub or Paavani Ayurveda Mask
Step 4: Paavani Ayurveda Facial Toner
Step 5: Kansa Wand Massage with Paavani Ayurveda Facial Serum
KANSA FACE MASSAGE
- Helps to tone, tighten and firm the skin for young and more mature people alike
- Works with the marmas so it helps with reducing puffiness, fine lines and redness around the eyes by moving extra Pitta, heat and acidity out of the body
- Pumps out wrinkles: the smooth massage action unkinks the collagen layers
- Helps with congestion be it in the skin or deeper in the face, in the sinuses, for example
- Gently mobilizes toxins and calms inflammation, redness and heat, normalizing skin tones and helping the skin become fresh and clear
- Helps move lymph and improve circulation so the skin is better cleansed and nourished