Commonly Asked Questions!
We are thrilled at your interest of Pure Lotus Wellness Retreat, and would love to answer some of the more commonly asked questions you may have. So lets go!
"WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?"
- We are located in the beautiful town of Kemptville, Ontario. As your take a scenic drive through Kemptville heading west on Highway 43, towards Merrickville, you can find us on Acton Corners Rd. But slow down....our sign is hidden, nestled away like the secret place we like to be!
"CAN I BOOK AN OVERNIGHT STAY?"
- We currently do not have Overnight Accommodations. However if you hop over to Our Friends page, you can find local Bed & Breakfasts that we highly recommend.
"CAN I CLAIM YOUR SERVICES ON MY HEALTH INSURANCE?"
- There are some of our services that you can claim on your Health Insurance. We do have Registered Massage Therapist that provide DEEP TISSUE, RELAXATION, PRENATAL MASSAGES & CUPPING THERAPY. Their services are claimable on benefits and can be found at BODY TREATMENTS.
Currently the unique massages we offer such as Ayurvedic, Swedish, Hot Stone and Warm Bamboo on our Body Treatment page are not claimable. However, your insurance may cover some services such as Reflexology, Day Retreats/Spas, and other services. Please double check your complete list of insurable coverage with your provider.
"ARE YOUR MASSAGES DONE BY A REGISTERED MASSAGE THERAPIST/RMT?"
The unique massages we provide such as Ayurvedic, Swedish, Hot Stone and Warm Bamboo are done by a Certified Massage Therapists, but this certification is not recognized by Health Insurance for benefit claims.
" I'M SPENDING A DAY AT THE RETREAT. WHAT SHOULD I BRING?"
- If you have rented the private retreat for the day, your should pack anything you would take to the beach with you! Swimsuit, Sun Screen, Bug Spray, Snacks/Food/Non-Alcoholic Beverages, Personal Items for relaxation time (ie Books, Journal etc), Reusable Water Bottle. We provide Towels, Robes, Water & Tea.
" I'D LIKE TO SPEND THE DAY AT THE RETREAT WITH MY CHILD. IS THIS POSSIBLE?"
- We love children, but due to our liability insurance, we are not permitted to allow retreat goers that are under the age of 18 years of age. We apologize for any inconvenience .
"ARE THE BUGS BAD AT THE RETREAT?"
- No! Despite being in a country setting surrounded by forest, the bugs are not unbearable. We spray the main retreat area with a natural garlic spray that deters the biggest bests (mosquitos/ticks). We do not however spray the trails, so if you'd like to venture through the Meandering Trail, please spray down before you go!
"I'VE ORDERED A CATERED LUNCH, BUT I HAVE DIETARY PREFERENCES/ALLERGIES. CAN YOU ACCOMMODATE THEM?"
- Absolutely! Our catered lunches are provided by Catalyst Catering, and they can easily adjust their monthly menu to accommodate your lunch while you are here! Please order your food in advance to assure your preferences.
"DO YOU SERVE ALCOHOL? CAN WE ENJOY A BOTTLE OF WINE WHILE THERE?"
- Currently Pure Lotus does not have a Liquor License, and alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the premises. Our apologies.
"I HAVE A GIFT CERTIFICATE FOR PURE LOTUS. CAN I USE IT FOR ANYTHING?"
- Your Gift Certificates are redeemable for any Services or Classes/Workshops provided by owner Carrie Stockwell. They are not redeemable on Visiting Practitioners or Special Events. As our VPs are not our staff, and you pay them directly, we apologize that the gift certificate is not accept for their services.
When You see a service with the icon, these services can be used with a Gift Certificate.
Was Your Question Not Answered?
Please Contact Us to Ask!